Thursday, December 11, 2014

chapt 10 prolouge

  • How you would approach recommended and required homework in this class as it relates to Colvin’s idea of “deliberate practice” and the five key components to deliberate practice;
  • How your approach to this class and other classes at Unity College may have changed after reading this book;
  • Whether or not you view your past successes and failures in various endeavors in a new light after having read this book.
    • Interestingly enough relating this book to class or any other instance in life can be achieved. Then again stapling a sheet of paper to a tree that says deforestation is bad is just as redundant. the advice for the class or myself in general is to just relax, practice and do your best. The homework is just as confusing as lectures and it may not all come at once but trying to talk it out will help. In fact explaining problems to others has helped in many ways that could not even be imagined. Pick a time, stick to that time, deliberately practicing and not getting too frustrated I feel are the most important factors to making it through this course. All classes have the same designation though stick with it and do your best. To me the letter grades are not important what is most important is the feeling of understanding that result from what I feel I need to achieve. Talking through problems helps and explaining them works even better. 
Past failures of mine I feel do not come from a lack of trying or practice but more so suitability. Over my life I feel as though I have been pretty successful in managing time and other people. The need for me to be good at what I do stems from the examples set by my parents and have driven me to this point in my life where things are narrowed down to pass/fail instead of succeed or don't. Success in my life is not solely attributed to my own personal doings, but that comprised from a group of individuals that made it work. The environment that people are in give them the drive to push forward or not to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment