Thursday, December 11, 2014

At the end of this course, we expect students to:

  1. Understand sequences, limits, and continuity algebraically, numerically, visually, and verbally.
  2. Understand derivatives algebraically, numerically, visually, and verbally.
  3. Be able to model simple scenarios of change through either difference equations or differential equations.
  4. Be able to apply principles of derivatives to optimization and relative change.
  5. Recognize limits and derivatives in the practical and professional world, particularly in environmental and life science.
  6. Be able to use a computer algebra system and spreadsheet system to investigate or evaluate given problems.
  7. Work in groups to investigate problems and communicate solutions on an introductory level.
  8. Practice time management and discipline in self-paced study.

This course is challenging and requires a lot of personal time to achieve goals. The understanding of the subjects has not come to me quite as quickly as I had hoped but moving forward i feel that more collaboration with class mates is key to the survival. My letter grade I do not feel is relevant to the effort put forth, though I can see that the need to put more time in studying is necessary. I am slightly grasping these concepts and go through moments where i feel as though i know whats going on then bam! mind blown. I will try and see where i get at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment